Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 May 2011

My Life in Tweets (and Thoughts)

Thanks to T. Getz for this photo & scripture.  In the twists & turns of life, whether good or bad, those who claim the name of "Christ-follower" can know that God will work GOOD out of anything & everything, if we trust Him to do so.
Since I started doing Twitter over 2 years ago, I seem to think in about 140-character thoughts.  Here's My Life in Tweets (and Thoughts) for the past month or so.  I seem to "tweet" a lot!

05/09/11... Dear God, Help me forgive those who see & do nothing. Give me peace that through You I have seen & done all I can. It's in Your hands.

05/09/11... Each day brings new heartaches & new joys. It's great to know that God is never caught by surprise & has a plan! Jeremiah 29:11

05/09/11... Everyone's story is their own to tell -- even when it deeply affects "me" and/or the lives of those around. You never know what someone is going through. Be slow to judge & quick to love.


05/07/11... "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. " 1 Corinthians 13:7


05/07/11... No matter how hard you try to get someone to love you back, you can't MAKE them. That doesn't mean you shouldn't still love them. ( This entire chapter is worth reading! 1 Corinthians 13)


05/05/11... Ever see one of your friends and think, "Oh my! She's aged about 15 years!!!"?Well, I'm gonna be that friend next time you see me.


05/05/11... It's not every day that you hear the hubby ask, "Wanna go shoot the Glock out behind the pine trees, Honey?"


05/04/11... What a great comfort we have in God's Word... "When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." Psalm 94:19  #GodWins


05/04/11... Looks like our son will be a busy boy at UofCinci, College-Conservatory of Music this fall - Double Major Trombone Performance & Composition.


05/04/11... "Dear James, Great news!!! You have been moved off the composition waitlist to accept! We’ll get an official letter out to you later this week. CCM"


05/03/11... Just in time for Mother's Day - "IN THA MUTHAHOOD" - where my muthas at? Laugh and RT! http://bit.ly/mm9BKm "I'm a Momma Bear & all the Mommas agree, If you messin' with my kids, you straight up messin' with me!" - love those words from the video!


05/03/11 3:44am... @kimberlymajeski For some reason I was awakened abruptly at 3:44 am. So, I'm part of the "night shift" & praying for Rose, you & the family!


05/02/11... If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong… http://bible.us/1Cor13.1.NLT


05/02/11... I'm losing myself in my work today... being reminded gently in my spirit that someone BIGGER is dealing with the yuck for me.


04/30/11... Might need to go move a few things so my MPCWomMinLeadTeam girlfriends can safely walk thru the house tomorrow 6-9pm WOOHOOO... party!


04/29/11... "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12


04/29/11... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS HER... KISS! #TheRoyalKiss


04/29/11... I am being SUCH A GEEK about this Royal Wedding!!! I can do without some of the press comments. I just wanna see the pretty stuff :D


04/29/11... History in the making right before our eyes. May they remember & reflect upon the Word which was spoken in their ceremony. God be praised!!


04/29/11... I love when weddings are "church" -- bringing honor, glory & praise to God. And, I love words from God's Holy Word put to music!!! #blessed


04/28/11... "Fight your battles on your knees. No one knows the whole story better than God." ~ C.Stanley    ".. the Spirit himself intercedes for us.." Romans 8:26


04/28/11... I'm pretty sure we broke a world record at getting in & out of Bonge's... which is fine for tonight. Idol on TV & working on our laptops :)


04/28/11... I don't want to cook... I just want to go out or eat chocolate... I'm in a working mood


04/28/11... I truly hate SQUARE cars... seeing them makes me feel angry. They look like a box on wheels.


04/28/11... Does somebody know anyone who would deliver some raspberry filled & vanilla creme filled donuts ASAP? PLEASE and THANK YOU :D


04/27/11... Today is Administrative/Executive Assistant's Day & I got to be a recipient thanks to my part-time, temporary job at MPC. THANKS FRIENDS :D


04/27/11... There's just something about being a mom that melts your heart when you see other moms with their kids... even when the kids are grown up :)


04/26/11... I hate it when I'm in a hurry and accidentally RT myself... but, I can only be social to a small degree when working!


04/26/11... There was a boy, a very strange, enchanted boy... they say he wandered very far, very far over land & sea.... background to work... REALLY?


04/26/11... The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. So,if you can can can... open your heart to love :)


04/26/11... The car our daughter drives, the "Teal-Mobile," died on the road on Good Friday night. It didn't rise on Easter morning though! #MomChaffeurNow


04/25/11... #tragicmoviedeaths Kevin Costner in The Guardian & in Message in a Bottle. Come to think of it, Kevin Costner anytime/anywhere #Hottie


04/25/11... The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peacefu… (cont) http://deck.ly/~eOjAg


04/25/11... @xxxeleni Text message me if you can't sleep... i'll tell you a story & bore you to sleep! You know how we old people can be!!


04/25/11... Hanging w/my "gang members" tonight - The Riverwood Gang. Love our small group ministry at @MadisonParkCh


04/22/11... TODAY 4-9pm Journey to the Cross: Huge Easter cross set in Main Auditorium-freestanding, towering, sobering, thoughtful - at @MadisonParkCh


04/22/11... I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrow… http://bible.us/John16.33.NLT


04/21/11... 1 of our son's "homework friends" has been here for almost 6 hrs. He's gotten an after-school snack & dinner. Wonder if I should make up a bed??


04/21/11... I am OVERWHELMED with ALL THE GREAT THINGS TO DO TODAY... Dear God, Please set my schedule today! Love you, Your Little Girl :D


04/21/11... RT @nolyon: Nyquill is a miracle drug. I just wake up feeling refreshed after using it! // What HE said!


04/20/11... When we put on a facade & pretend to be perfect, we're not being real & we rob God. In admitting our weaknesses, God CAN be strong thru us!


04/20/11... i might have stolen @KevinMajeski 's tweet verbatim earlier. As I've said before & will surely say again, it's not my fault he's brilliant!!


04/19/11... I'm struggling here people! There's nothing wrong with talking with a Christian counselor :) #RealLifeTweets


04/19/11... Why YES, I always dress up when I'm going to get my head examined :) http://twitpic.com/4muvoz


04/19/11... Time to head out to "Real Life"... actually, my life HERE is totally REAL... I just don't have to put on make-up for life here :D


04/19/11... It's a cool, gray, rainy day here in central Indiana. Started the day with oatmeal at the breakfast table with both kids. Perfect start!!!


04/18/11... After school snack on the patio swing with my little boy - 6' tall, 18yo, heading to college in the fall little boy. Love my kids :D


04/18/11... Dear God, Please help my attitude to be more like yours today. Somebody is really getting on my nerves. Thank you & Love, Your Child


04/18/11... For me, there's a sense of excitement in the air... a new beginning following rest & renewal... my favorite time of year HOLY WEEK!


04/17/11... Plan B: We'll be having pigs n a blanket instead of hot dogs roasted over the fire. We forgot to buy buns. S'mores-we remembered everything! THEN: PlanB evening-Someone fixed the last boxed mac n cheese--made homemade. Set table for those home, daughter showed up-set another place :) THEN: Bonfire & s'mores w/just a minor Plan B. Our son bought GIANT Hershey bars - LOL. Oh well... overall, an entertaining dinner & evening.


04/17/11... 2.5 hrs cleaning up sticks & left over plant debris on a cool, sunny day is a good thing - right @KelliBays #WeBeFarmGirls :)


04/17/11... So much on my heart today... but not the words to articulate. Good music on & projects inside the house and outside do not require words.


04/15/11... Yes folks, I feel like a worn out toy that the dogs have been fighting over for YEARS! But, I'm going to http://on.fb.me/MusicOfBigBands


04/15/11... Well, apparently the doctor is scared of me & wants me to skip him & go get drugs at the pharmacy. First time out of the house since Sunday


04/13/11... "Sometimes we do everything right & we still lose." My thoughts, keep doing what you believe to be right. That's all the control you have.


04/13/11... Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.


04/13/11... I'm 100% positive I'm gonna die! I'm just trusting that it won't be due to this sore throat, cold, fever thing that's going on now.


04/12/11... If you are a child of God & you marry a child of the Devil, you're going to have trouble with your father-in-law. #maxonlife


04/12/11... Pretty sure i'm water-logged! The allergy med's i'm taking require me to drink LOTS of water, which requires me to take LOTS of breaks!


04/12/11... I was in a TOTAL PANIC trying to get ready for a wk's vacation-including a cruise-in less than 4 days but, I rolled w/it & had a GREAT TIME!


04/11/11... Scripture I taught the kids when they were very young-I have hidden Your Word in my heart O Lord, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11


04/11/11... I'm making myself work but, I feel ROTTEN! Good thing I love my "job" incorporating my spiritual gift of "communication aka social media" :D


04/10/11... I like to keep money that I find lying around the house.


04/10/11... Hooray! My middle of the night driving shift is over -- hooray!! Driving from 2:15am to 7:45am can be bad for a girl's waistline!


04/09/11... High of 85 projected today in New Smyrna Beach & S-U-N-N-Y. I don't wanna go home to Indiana yet! Heading out later today for a 17-hr drive
 
CRUISE :)


04/05/11... Admitting your mistakes, poor choices, shortcomings, etc. is tough for everyone, I'd suspect. But, it sure does make us all more REAL!


04/05/11... You know you're on a cruise when: 100 waiters from every country in the world EXCEPT the US are dancin & singing along to APPLE BOTTOM JEANS


04/05/11... ... just sitting in bed on my laptop... in my cushy Carnival robe... having coffee & fruit that my HUBBY brought to me :D KEY WEST today!!


04/04/11... This is the jankiest lifeboat drill I've ever done. This is my 11th cruise & 1st without lifejackets!


04/04/11... When you pray, it's best to be specific! We are so grateful that God provided a van for our drive. We just forgot to mention functional AC!!


04/02/11... Guest: "Oh, i see, Burt's changing his socks."  My husband to said "Guest", "Did you just call me Burt?" I'm so glad we brought Layke along to entertain!


04/01/11... Mini-van to borrow (check) Person to feed the cat (check) God’s still working on: House-sitter, Safe Trip, Good family time -- trusting!


04/01/11... A few SURE things for those who walk w/the Lord: He will provide for ALL our needs. Sometimes we won't agree with His methods of providing.


04/01/11... I have a million things to do... why am i lying down now? Oh, I know... my nails need time to completely dry. A girl has her priorities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment