Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 April 2011

Jagged Puzzle Pieces

"He brought streams out of a rocky crag
and made water flow down like rivers." Psalm 78:16
Photo by T. Getz

With some things that have recently happened in my life & in the lives of others around me, I can't help but think about a small-yet powerful verse, Philippians 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say - rejoice!" Close friends of mine have lost loved ones recently or marked the anniversary of the passing of a cherished one or are anticipating the passing of a loved one soon. Marriages & relationships are under attack by Satan. Economic trials are pressing in on many in these day.

But, when I read Philippians 4:4, I can honestly say that I believe that promise. God doesn't ask me to rejoice in what happened but to rejoice in Him through whatever happens. He offers peace in the troubled times. He offers comfort in the times of loss. He offers reassurance in the times of uncertainty & fear. 

David offered the truth in Psalm 37:25a... "I've been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken..." I rejoice in the fact that God will bring His children through anything & everything. I rejoice in the fact that our struggles and hardships will play a part in the wonderful plan of the Father.  It's not always easy... but, God's promises are true. 

Often our "jagged puzzle pieces" are designed to fit perfectly into the masterpiece that will be revealed when we meet him face to face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment