Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

13 May 2011

Too Noisy in Your Life?

A devotional thought from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers: 

"Is my ear sensitive enough to hear even the softest whisper of the Spirit?" 

Photo by T. Getz
What a GREAT question for every day. It reminds me of how crazy life can get & how we allow the "noise" around us to deafen us to the voice of God. We don't just need God in the crisis situations. He doesn't just give us suggestions & commands. 

God gives us affirmation, encouragement, consolation, comfort... everything we NEED at just the right moment. 

If we are so preoccupied by the noise around us, how can we hear His sweet, sweet voice? Even in the "noisiest" times, we need to "Be still & know that I AM GOD." Psalm 46:10

Take time every day to sit quietly in the presence of the Lord and hear His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment