Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 October 2009

He Walks Before & Behind


photo by T. Getz
I've been going through some especially rough days lately.  If I focused on the problems & challenges we are facing, I could consume all my energy battling the "what if's."  At some point in our lives - if we truly walk with the Lord - we need to focus on His enduring love for us.  And, we need to see the daily hugs & smiles placed in our lives by a loving Father. We HOPE for great things ahead in spite of trials today! I love that regardless of what we're facing, we can still have JOY and HOPE in the power of the Holy Spirit. 


"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

So, do NOT be discouraged or defeated by the circumstances that seem to be sticking right beside you. God envelopes you with His love, care, blessings, and more as promised when David speaks of God:


"You both precede and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head."
 Psalm 139:5


Shared with the Ann Voskamp 1000 Gifts Community on 10/08/12

2 comments:

  1. We have faith because He is faithful. I, too, seek to live faith in my daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you today Denise. God is faithful & true. What a blessing to be able to encourage one another!

    ReplyDelete