Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2009

What EVER You Do...

photo courtesy T. Getz
(originally posted 10-02-09; re-published 07-23-15)
During a recent small group meeting, we were talking about how God gives us what we ask for in His name. We talked about how we each have to get down to what we consider the "bottom line" and ask ourselves what we want most though, before asking God for something.

The tough reply to that question (and my reply I've given to God in this "crazy, scary season" of life) is to desire to bring glory and honor to God -- whatever happens

I love this excerpt from the book, Practicing His Presence, by Charlie Riggs:
Whether we are teachers, preachers, lawyers, bricklayers, truck drivers, doctors, homemakers, or students, we all have the same responsibility - TO GLORIFY GOD.
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (I Cor. 10:31 NIV).
Every day we should be conscious of our responsibility to walk in obedience to God's Word. When we do, we will grow to be the Spirit-filled witnesses whose lives demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit: "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control" (Galatians 5:22, 23).  
Isn't that what you want?
When speaking about his coming death, Christ said, "And, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto me." John 12:32. Although not necessarily how it was intended, I can't help thinking that I just need to lift Him up & let HIM bring souls to Him. Living that out isn't easy. But, it's what I want to do!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment