Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 October 2009

I Don't Want To Pick & Choose. Do You?

I'm a "PK"... a preacher's kid. My father pastored a small country church in Hickory, NC for the biggest part of my childhood. I remember him stressing that although our numbers were small our little church could make a difference in our community and in our world. He encouraged regular attendance & faithful support. 

I remember a specific time when we were heading out of town (probably for Anderson Campmeeting) that he challenged our people to "not forsake the fellowship" in his absence. A few wonderful saints had let him know that church just wasn't the same without him there. 

It makes me wonder why we choose to attend our church homes from Sunday to Sunday. Is it to be entertained? Is it to hear only one type of music or one type of speaker? Is it to go in anticipation of what God has in store - through his speaker of the day, through the music of that day, through those beside us??? 

Hebrews 10:24-25a says, "Think of ways to encourage each other to outbursts of love & good deeds. And let us not neglect our meeting together..."  

So Christians, let's not rob ourselves of a blessing or someone else of a blessing by picking & choosing when we will be an active part of the church family. In truth, it's GOD'S church family -- not just ours.

I want to be willing to do whatever is best for God's plan... even if it's not necessarily what I'd prefer.

Related to what we are going through at this season in our church (2013)...
https://www.churchpost.com/view_mail.php?id=cp5149c299421 

No comments:

Post a Comment