Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

06 October 2016

Success and Sunsets - #write31days 10-06-16

Are you successful? What does it mean to you to be successful? Many people strive tirelessly for success and are continually focused on their goals & achievements. There seems to be a tendency to allow the world around us to determine if we are successful or not. Hence, there are many definitions for success.

Personally, I would feel that my life was a success if I made a positive contribution to my world -- beginning with those around me. Financial success is less important to me than making a strong connection with my family and peers. On the other hand, I would not feel successful if my focus on family & friends was so intent that I was blinded to what the rest of the world needs. 

Many people who are held in high esteem and called successful don't feel as successful as the rest of the world sees them. Many are discontent and looking for something more to feel like a success. While others who seem of little consequence to our world live lives feeling not only content but, fulfilled. Each person must decide for themselves what path they will choose in order to "succeed" at this life.

Since a very young age, two of my favorite things to do in life hav been to watch the sunrises and the sunsets. The beauty held in so many of them stop me in my tracks and remind me of the wonderful beauty that is available to each of us each day at no additional charge. They are there to savor... when we open our eyes to see.

In the words of Donald Miller:
"You will have arrived, not when you have arrived,
but when the sunset stops you
because you see its beauty again.
Success is free."
~ Donald Miller #quote
Not everyone would agree with that sentiment. I, for one, hope that I never fail to see the beauty of a sunrise or a sunset.

Success and Sunsets - #write31days 10-06-16


No comments:

Post a Comment