Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 October 2016

Red Skies in the Morning - #write31days 10-07-16

Recently a friend who lives in southeast Florida posted a picture of the sunrise outside his home. The clouds were dark black. You could tell that the sun was coming up but, there was no color. This morning I awoke about 30 minutes before sunrise and saw bright red clouds in the east. I immediately thought of the old saying:

“Red skies in the morning, sailors’ warning.
Red skies at night, sailors’ delight.”

I’ve heard that saying all my life. Thank goodness it rhymes or I'd probably question whether I had it all mixed up.

Have you ever wondered who said that? I always like to give credit to the author of the quotes I use in my stuckinindiana pairings. While talking with my sister-in-law a few hours ago, I learned that almost the exact words were used, as spoken by Jesus, in Matthew 16:23...
Who knows what this day will hold – since at the moment we are sailing west away from Hurricane Matthew. But, there’s a small part of me that’s hoping for red skies tonight as we turn and head back east toward the southern tip of Florida. I'm thankful for our safety and praying for the safety of others in this storm. And, I will continue to place my trust for safety in the hands of the One who I claim to be my Lord and Savior.




5 Minute Free-For-All 10-7-16 Red Skies in the Morning - #write31days 10-07-16

No comments:

Post a Comment