Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 October 2016

Let's Be Fair or Should We Be? #write31days 10-15-16

The thought came to me the other day (as I was, most likely, thinking about what other people should do):
If we EVER have a chance to help someone in need,

we SHOULD DO IT...

not based upon their merit,

but based upon our personal commitment

to living a life full of grace!


There are times when I can honestly say that I feel exactly that way. Lately I've had more times when I've been willing to sacrifice my wants to offer grace to someone who doesn't seem to deserve it. Yet, I would have to admit that most of my life I've lived a lifestyle of "fairness for others" instead of grace, forgiveness and mercy. I've wanted to give people what they fairly deserved. But, I don't want to be FAIR anymore. Because I don't want to accept FAIR for myself! I want to live a life of GRACE -- just as I have received! 

Did I get what I deserved? Absolutely NOT! I have the promise of eternal life, without sorrow or pain. I have the promise of abundant life in this world. Do I deserve that based upon my "track record"? Not really. But, I am forgiven - because I sincerely asked God for forgiveness. I asked Him to walk with me daily & to convict me of what I needed to change -- fix -- improve.  

God's love is never based upon what's fair. It's given lavishly to everyone whether they have earned it or not by their actions, words, choices, etc. He gives me the promise of heaven -- and glimpses of it here on earth (Eccl 3:11) & a world of it to come!

Should we be fair or extend grace? Let's be one of the unlikely people to speak wisdom & extend grace.



"May we be open to hearing wisdom from UNLIKELY PEOPLE and receiving grace in an UNEXPECTED PLACE." ~ Emily P. Freeman

5 Minute Free-For-All – Let's Be Fair or Should We Be? #write31days 10-15-16




No comments:

Post a Comment