Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

01 October 2016

Going Normal from Time to Time #write31days 10-1-16

Let me start out by telling you a little about myself…
I don't go crazy. I am crazy. I just go normal from time to time.

I’ve loved to write down my thoughts, hopes, dreams, plans, etc. since an early age. I’ve grown up doing that. I’ve grown “old” doing that.

With each season of life came changes in how I recorded those thoughts. As a young child I wrote nightly in a hidden diary under my bed and opened by a key in the drawer of my night stand. As a youth, I bought and completed journals – the covers decorated with what I was most interested in at that time of my life. As a young adult, I began keeping a journal on my computer – you know, the computers that looked like huge boxes with a bubbled TV screen on the front. At one point the journaling transitioned to a blog which I entitled “stuckinindiana”. It contained more unpublished posts than ones I published. To publish a post meant that I was sharing my thoughts with anyone… in the whole, wide world. Throughout the years, one thing remained, the firm belief that said:

You are not normal. You are different.
What you are writing is from your perspective of LIFE.
It is a perspective that others don’t share.
It is a perspective that others won’t care to follow.

As I began to open my soul more & more through my posts, I was comforted in knowing that – even though I was publicly publishing and sharing more of my posts – practically no one would read them since I was so different. I reminded myself that I was my own version of CRAZY – totally unique to me. I knew that what I wrote could not have a real positive effect on this world.

But, I have continued to write, post & share. Why? Because I believe in the power of ONE – the power of ONE person mattering; the power of ONE person who can make a difference; the power of ONE person who doesn’t have to weigh everything they do by what the masses will think. And so… I continue… to share…

Join me in that journey! Maybe you can join me in saying:

I don't go crazy. I am crazy. I just go normal from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment