Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

02 October 2016

An Irish Blessing for Your Day! #write31days 10-2-16

I love collecting quotes, lyrics, scriptures & sayings that catch my eye then pairing them up with a photo I’ve taken somewhere along the way. I love sharing those with friends and anyone. Sometimes I will share a collection of my “stuckinindiana pairings” for a holiday or event or day of remembrance. A favorite group I’ve put together are on my stuckinindiana Facebook page in an album entitled “World Wisdom”. Today I want to share an Irish blessing with you...
"May the dreams you hold dearest
be those which come true
and the kindness you spread
keep returning to you."
~ Irish Blessing
Read that blessing one more time focusing on the words I’ve highlighted:
"May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true and the kindness you spread keep returning to you." ~ Irish Blessing
What are the dreams you hold dearest? Are they dreams of attaining material blessings or the blessings of others? Are they dreams of being famous or influential in the eyes of the world? Are they dreams for the well-being of loved ones? Are they dreams of attaining goals, of growing & learning daily, of making some needed changes in your life… ?

And, how often do you spread kindness? Is being kind something that is a forethought for you or is it something that usually happens based on how others are treating you or behaving? How do you usually spread kindness? What can you do today to begin a new pattern of spreading kindness?

When I first read this Irish blessing, many of the above questions came to mind. If we don’t really consider what we are holding dearest and how we are acting regardless of what is happening to us and around us, this blessing could be, in many ways, a curse. Reading this “blessing” made me pause and think about what I was choosing for me & for my life.

Today may you make the choices and changes to embrace this blessing:

"May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true and the kindness you spread keep returning to you." ~ Irish Blessing
Many blessings upon YOU today!


5 Minute Free-For-All #write31days 10-2-16 An Irish Blessing for Your Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment