Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 October 2016

Drinking Coffee Solely for Its Medicinal Value - #write31days 10-09-16

This morning we drove away from the fast food restaurant, I took 4-5 drinks of my pre-mixed coffee - grimacing after each swallow, and exclaimed to the LOML:
“So, I guess I’m just drinking coffee this morning solely for its medicinal value!?!?!?”
We both started laughing. I definitely laughed louder and longer. I seem to crack myself up!

I was never a coffee drinker back in the younger days. I had an iced coffee from time to time. But, hot coffee every morning was of no interest to me. But, then… I married the LOML. And, coffee (with extra cream & sugar) began appearing bed-side nearly every morning. Over the years, it’s become a daily routine which has never been taken for granted. It’s a delight to me and a wonderful way to start each day.

The LOML adds a touch of cream and sugar to his coffee. I would rather have a touch of coffee with the cream and sugar. And, the LOML only drinks fully caffeinated coffee. Hence, I might or might not have become a bit addicted to caffeine over the years.



So, this morning as we drove through the Appalachian Mountains toward our Kentucky home, we stopped for a cup of coffee. It was supposed to be a pleasant experience for all concerned. But, I had to laugh that this morning I’d be drinking “yucky” coffee just to avoid a caffeine headache!

AND, a pleasant PS to the story…
A few exits down the road, the LOML stopped at a second “said fast food restaurant” so I could have more cream & sugar!

A couple of morals of this story:

  • Don’t get yourself addicted to things – even just caffeine
  • Marry a person who is first and foremost a FRIEND
  • Take time to appreciate the little things
  • Laugh at yourself from time to time
5 Minute Free-For-All 10-9-16 - #write31days 10-09-16

No comments:

Post a Comment