Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

17 October 2016

Creating God in Our Own Image #write31days 10-17-16

As I write this post my Facebook feed is most likely flooded with the political opinions from 90% of the people. (Or... is it Facebook that's putting through practically everything political that people post?) Either way, I am about done with it. I'm thinking a Facebook Fast would be really great during an election year!! 

Many of the posts and comments I've seen have become pretty heated. And, some of the dialog between brothers and sisters in Christ has not been, in my opinion, very Christ-like. It can be really hard to share our opinions without stepping on the toes of others who believe differently. I've been guilty of that and was not happy with myself about how that conversation ended. 

All of this political discourse can take its toll on each of us. I've thought quite a lot about how our disagreements can be seen as not just disagreement but disapproval... disapproval of a person's views and freedom to have those views... disapproval of their thoughts and values... disapproval of their very being. It can turn from disagreement to disapproval to almost hatred. 

Especially for those of us who claim the Name... we must beware. In the words of Anne Lamott... 

5 Minute Free-For-All - Creating God in Our Own Image #write31days 10-17-16

No comments:

Post a Comment