Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 October 2016

Enjoy the Little Things - #write31days 10-18-16

I'm not at our "house" this week. I'm at our tiny little 2-bedroom apartment in Kentucky. There are no chickens here to feed, water & let out to graze. There aren't 3.5 acres of property that is constantly reminding us that it wants to be wild... and not a real "lawn". There isn't a home full of possessions acquired over nearly 28 years of living in one town in need of being sorted through prior to our move to Kentucky (whenever that will be). I can't do any projects around the house or property to prepare it to be placed on the market next summer.

I'm in an apartment that can be cleaned in a matter of hours... with a small percentage of our clothes... with a small kitchen... with a tiny laundry closet & with really super small bedrooms. And, this week we have the Little with us her while her Mommy is taking a vacation with a cousin and being away from the Little for the first time EVER for any length of time.

Aside from tending to the needs & wants of our 3 1/2 year old girl, I don't have much that has to be done each day. The two things I need to work on are preparing posts for the When You're StuckInIndiana Facebook page and writing one blog post a day for the #write31days writing challenge.

So, I have been enjoying the little things...
  • holding the Little while she watches a PBS Kids show
  • reading books to our little one
  • taking drawing suggestions for the MagnaDoodle
  • playing dress-up
  • dancing like a ballerina
  • fixing fun meals
  • looking at Christmas decorations at WalMart
  • taking lemonade & cookie breaks a few times a day on the balcony
  • etc. 
Today, as I look back with the eyes of a responsible adult, I don't see much that I accomplished other than 2 loads of laundry & a few dishes. But, I feel accomplished... because I have given my time & full attention to a young child whom I want to feel valued and loved. And, I have really enjoyed sharing the little things with her!!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault


5 Minute Free-For-All - Enjoy the Little Things - #write31days 10-18-16












No comments:

Post a Comment