Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 16 October 2015

An hour or so before the scheduled time for sunrise, there was not a cloud in the sky. Orion was shining brightly near the southwest horizon. Pleiades was clearly visible, as well as several other constellations and planets. It was gorgeous out. It was just perfect for viewing the night sky.

When it came time for the sun to rise,
there were still no clouds in sight. And... a cloudless sunrise and a cloudless sunset are almost always... boring. 

Without the clouds in the sky, there's nothing much to reflect the light and filter it into the beautiful colors. Even though there were no vibrant colors painted across the sky, there was a hint of pink at the horizon. And, the air was fresh & cool. And, this was a new day to start fresh.

For the most dramatic sunrises & sunsets, the clouds bend the light rays so that colors can be seen. The haze in the air from our nearby fields being harvested does the same thing - putting an almost ethereal filter on the light. And, we all know that there'd be no rainbow if it were not for the rain. 

I think it's human nature to desire cloudless days in life. Well, at least it seems like most of us feel we've had more than our fair share of trials aka cloudy days. Facing the storms of life can seem overwhelming. Struggling through relationships - often with family members or close friends - can seem undeserved and defeating. Experiencing loss, death, financial difficulties, employment problems or other challenges doesn't feel like they're helping us be a better person as we walk through them. 

This morning's boring sunrise reminded me of the benefit of the clouds. As I look back on my life, may I be reminded of how the tough times have helped me learn, grow, and become a better person. And, may I face the less than perfect days to come with a better attitude and looking for the beauty that it will help create.
Still no more clouds
during the morning walkabout :)


Writing daily with the #write31days community. AND...

DaySpring.com is celebrating all of the amazing Write 31 Days readers who are supporting nearly 2,000 writers this October! To enter to win a $500 DaySpring shopping spree, just click on this link & follow the giveaway widget instructions. Good luck, and thanks for reading!  stuckinindiana



6 comments:

  1. You're right, I know you are...but sometimes...sometimes I long for boring! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my earlier posts this month talked about how I woke up more than once hoping that the sunrise was totally obscured by fog. "Boring" definitely has it's place in this fast paced world!! Thanks for reading & commenting Carol!!

      Delete
  2. Yes! I am always reminded of the hidden blessings in trials when I see a cloudless sunrise. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, reading & commenting! Have a great weekend Alesha!!

      Delete
  3. Loved this! So much wisdom wrapped up in beautiful imagery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading & commenting Jo! Many blessings for a great weekend!!!

      Delete