Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

08 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 08 October 2015

I totally overdid it with the outside work yesterday. It seems to be a pattern I have... struggling with the sames issues I've had since childhood... over-achievement, obsession and insecurity. Seriously?!? What kind of character traits are those to carry through life?


Since my friend wasn't able to walk until the afternoon, I'd decided to hit the outside chores early in the day in the thick, wet fog. And, once I got going, I couldn't seem to stop. Starving, I walked into the house to grab a bite of lunch & saw that it was 3:30pm. Oh great, only 15 minutes to change clothes & hit the road for a walkabout. It didn't matter that I felt like I'd been run over by a combine, I was going to walk on my beloved country roads. The scenery was beautiful. The air was sweet with the smell of freshly harvested corn. The hum of farm equipment filled the air & neighboring farmers waved as they drove loads of corn & beans from the fields. 

When I got back from the walkabout, I immediately morphed into a different person... slothenly, indifferent and completely secure in my lack of motivation! But, don't we all need those times -- the times when we are totally not what we are?? Dinner ended up being a pizza party in front of "Toy Story." And, my head hit the pillow before the sound of combines faded from the surrounding fields.

I fell asleep early & woke in the middle of the night for a few hours. I enjoyed reading several posts from fellow #write31days writers. I did a quick check of the 5 Facebook pages I manage, the 2 Twitter accounts I manage, my Instagram account and my 4 email accounts. I whispered some heartfelt prayers for friends & acquaintances going through trials at the time. And, then I went back to sleep.

This morning the LOML didn't wake me before heading out to the big city for work. I woke on my own 10 minutes before the scheduled time for sunrise. My first thought, "Please, let's have a boring sunrise so I can just stay in my house and nurse my aching bones this morning while sipping on coffee & catching up on world news." A quick glance out the windows showed me that this was going to be another morning when the "crazy city girl turned farm girl" donned a robe & waterproof boots to head out & walk the acreage snapping shots of a gorgeous sunrise. I've inserted several shots for your enjoyment :) 

A couple of sunrise thoughts I had today...
  • Don't let what happened yesterday curb your joy & expectancy for today.
  • Go with the flow and embrace the road life puts before you -- even when it's a beautiful sunny morning when you feel like sleeping in :)
  • Aspirin & acetaminophen aren't the only things that help sore muscles feel better. 
Thanks for stopping by to read. It's a challenge to keep up with everyday life AND write/publish something every day for a month, as well as read what other people post in this #write31days month. But, it's also a great blessing!!


6 comments:

  1. I love watching the sunrise but I rarely get the chance to, I watch the sunset tho, and it is a great reminder that the day is ending we can put to rest all our struggles and anxieties and look forward to a fresh start in the morning. Love the photos too, thx for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. For years, I walked early in the morning - so as not to interfere with the early morning family routine. It was AWESOME. Things have changed & now I usually don't beat the sunrise when I walk. But, I still LOVE it... and sunset. You are right... sunset is a great reminder to rest :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos ... you sound like me when it comes to sunrises & sunsets. I try to walk 2 miles every day and I get sidetracked by stopping to take photos. I can't help it ... they are SO incredible & they never look the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's EXACTLY what I do Jennifer -- I can't seem to stop pausing to take a pic or two or three...

      Delete
  3. That's one awesome sunrise. Sometimes soaking a beautiful view like that in is great medicine for the tired bones. I love it! Take each day and a fresh start to learn and discover new things. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete