Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 07 October 2015

We were greeted again today by a cool, foggy start. Even before sunrise, many of the area schools were posting "Fog Delays" online, on TV and on the local radio stations. Even though the National Weather Service had issued a fog alert for our area, our school system didn't have a delay.

We don't have children living in our home any more who have to catch a bus. But, the fog delays reminded me of those days in the past. Fog delays and snow delays were my favorites when
the kids were young. We loved the more relaxed start to the day. We'd often make a special breakfast and play board games before they had to head out to catch the bus. Real work & chores for me had to take a back seat on those mornings. And, it always seemed to work out just fine with the small adjustment to the schedule. 

This morning I walked outside when it was time for the sun to rise. I could see nothing. But, I could hear the neighbor children down the road waiting for the bus. The newly resurfaced road (chip & seal) ensures that NO ONE sneaks up on us in this area. And, the fog held the noise down so that the elementary school children could easily hear the bus approaching. 

I never did SEE the bus pass our property due to the fog but, heard it as it drove away. I walked out back by our barn to check on the hens. As soon as I walked under the old shag bark hickory tree, I got "rained on." The fog was so thick that drops of water were falling from the trees as moisture condensed on the leaves & branches. It was the perfect day for an early start at the out door chores. The grass stayed covered with dew until the middle of the day. And, the coolness & lack of sun made for a very comfortable time to work outside.

I guess I still love a good "fog delay" day :)







2 comments:

  1. Hey, another 31 dayer here :D I love a good foggy morning...which is good as we live in the PNW and there is no shortage of fog! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you can't see too far ahead of you :D I'm going to head over & check out your posts. As I am sure you've found writing daily & reading daily AND GETTING LIFE ACCOMPLISHED can take some time. But, I look forward to reading your posts. Thanks for stopping by & for the comments. Oh and, we didn't have fog this morning for the first time in almost a week :D

      Delete