Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

06 October 2015

sunrise thoughts 06 October 2015


I looked out on the hazy fog this morning and sang the lyrics (in my head, that time) of a song from the musical "Oklahoma"...


     Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
     Oh, what a beautiful day.
     I've got a beautiful feelin'
     Everything's goin' my way.

     
      (music by Richard Rodgers, lyric by Oscar Hammerstein II;
       Copyright © 1943 by Williamson Music)

Now, please hear me...
Number 1: Most people would not say it was beautiful out this morning. And, Number 2: Who in their right mind
would really think (well, at least practically always think) that EVERYTHING was going their way?!?! Yet, given those two quick thoughts... I chose to SING that song loudly in my mind as I tromped through wet, cool, tall grass snapping one foggy photo after another. 

This daily writing challenge isn't quite going as planned with yet a pretty sunrise for this month. But, the challenge is to WRITE every day. And, the lack of gorgeous sunrises is no more going to dampen my enthusiasm than the challenges I will encounter on any given day. The tenacity of the human spirit is powerful -- when you let it be! This morning's foggy start to the day doesn't deter my mind from choosing to have a GREAT DAY today. In the words of Henry David Thoreau:


"It's not what you look at that matters,
it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Regardless of what you "see" as you start your day. CHOOSE TO MAKE TODAY A GOOD ONE!

Thanks to all those in the #write31days community for being so encouraging & challenging each of us to share from our hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have tons of great quotes I've collected from him!! And, that quote went really well with my foggy morning!!

      Delete