Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

26 September 2015

Too Tired For The Sunset

Yesterday was one LONG, HARD DAY - physically. I'd begun the day with an early "walkabout" on our country roads then done some laundry & worked in the kitchen before heading back outside for pruning, weeding, picking, etc. I'd barely sat down to rest when the LOML got home for the day. Granted, he was a little earlier than usual. But, I was already worn out from the many projects I'd tackled that day. His current mission was to enjoy a relaxed evening with me. Despite being worn out & sore, my current mission was 
to continue disassembling a large, dead pine tree right in the MIDDLE of quite a few close ones which were being affected by its dead limbs. 

The LOML had found me hidden within the pine branches with a large pair of loppers - cutting away & then pulling limbs out to a big pile. When I could no longer reach the branches without getting a ladder into the pine grove, I decided to call it a day. I was covered with pine needles & sap. And, my arms felt like they could fall off. By the time I'd cleaned up, started another load of laundry, eaten a great dinner that the LOML had prepared (a treat for me!!), and cleaned up the kitchen... I was worn out!!! I purposely didn't look outside - saying to myself that I was totally too tired for the sunset.

Putting the last load of laundry into the dryer, I heard the LOML call to me from the back room: "You really need to go outside!". So, in my jammies and robe, I grabbed my phone and headed out. The sunset was beautiful. That LOML -- he knows me so well. I was so glad to catch a few pics as the sun set. And, I was really glad that I don't have any super-close neighbors to see me outside in my robe & jammies!!

NOTE TO SELF:  Don't miss gorgeous sunsets because you are worn out.

Bonus pics from the day...
Hens playing beauty show while I pull weeds:

The pile of dry, dead pine branches:




No comments:

Post a Comment