Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

15 April 2015

Today... It Should Be Snowing...

The emotions were too raw the day I wrote this. I could not bear to publish it on that day. But, today I find myself missing & thinking about that friend who went HOME on December 6th... and is now made whole...

Today is cool & rainy. But, given my mood... it should be snowing today. It feels like winter. I feel like I need to hibernate in my home and come back out in the spring. My heart is full of emotions as I just learned from a dear friend that she will be turned over to hospice care next week. It's not what we wanted. It's not what we prayed for... and yet, it is. We've been praying for complete healing. We've been hoping for that healing to come here on earth. We want to keep her here... for us :) But, more than anything, we have been praying for God's will and for glory to be given to Him through all of this!

Today I'm holding tightly to promises which I've heard...
  • sung to me in lullabies by my mom and dad
  • read to me from the Egermier Bible Story Book
  • sung in church Sunday School classes
  • talked about in lessons from Bible School, as a young child, right up until last week's sermon
I remind myself...
Faith is not about everything turning out okay. Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.

And, I look out the windows... at the rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment