Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

24 December 2014

This morning in the shower... I wrote over a dozen blog posts...


This is DAY EIGHT of me having NO VOICE AT ALL. Per the doctor, I have a viral infection which attacks the vocal chords & will not allow them to close at all. When your vocal chords won't close AT ALL, you get no SOUND at all. When you cough it sounds hilarious... nothing.  When you sneeze there's no "A-CHOOOO" sound... just air. When you whisper, there is no sound with it -- only puffs of air when you force them (which hurts, by the way!)
 
This morning I bid my two girls (daughter & GLAMdaughter) good bye at 6:25am as they headed to work/school at a local Day Care facility. At 7am I got back in bed, crawled under the blankets & went to sleep... until 10am!!! Yes, I'm THAT lazy woman!!
 
When I awoke, I coughed... and there was a LITTLE sound. I feel pretty lousy still but, much better than I have for about 2 weeks! I'm putting on real clothes & eating something & getting ready to wrap the few presents I have purchased over the past 12 months. I still can't really whisper or talk. But, my mind is racing & feeling a bit more alive today. While in my quick shower this morning... I wrote over a dozen blog posts!
 
You will have to check back to see them all. I promise I won't post multiple ones in a day!  But, a dozen or more ideas came to my mind as I got ready to face the day. One of them I paired with the picture above...
I believe... that in the times of SILENCE is when we HEAR the best.
 
So, that's the beginning of my blog frenzy from the shower this morning :) More to come. Stay tuned & follow along if you are on Facebook at When You're STUCKinindiana or on Twitter at stuckinindiana or at Instagram at stuckinindiana :)



No comments:

Post a Comment