Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

20 December 2014

Dinner for Five?

Perhaps there are so many twists & turns in life so we don't have to see everything that's coming down the path. Have you ever wondered that? It's a great reason to live in the moment. It's wise to do some planning for the future... but, not at the expense of the present.

Sometimes things happen "to us" in life that we never really thought would happen "to us." In January, we will celebrate year two of having another family member. She wasn't planned or expected. But, she has proven to be one of the most delightful changes to our lives.


This week I've been battling a sore throat & cough. Yesterday morning I woke up with no voice. And by that, I mean NO VOLUME TO MY VOICE AT ALL. Have you ever heard someone cough or sneeze with no sound except air coming out? It might be amusing, if you aren't the one wincing when the cough or sneeze erupts.

Lately my family hasn't gotten many home cooked meals with all of us sitting around the table. I'd opted to go with food from a restaurant the previous 2 nights. Last night I decided to attempt a home cooked meal. I made it an easy one since I was pretty worn out at the end of the day. We sat down to enjoy baked fish, basmati rice & green peas. It was simple... but, it was dinner. I looked around the table & silently watched the other family members enjoying the meal & talking with each other. I saw... a husband - my friend & the LOML for over 25 years now; a son - home from school for part of his Christmas break; a daughter - she's a mommy, a teacher of 2-year olds, an artist; AND, I saw an adorable grandchild - a little package of energy & joy whose presence in our home has filled our hearts with gratitude.

Dinner for five? Well, it's not quite how we planned it. But, God knew just what could come & would come of the unexpected. He took choices which were made & turned them into joyful celebrations around a table. Where? Somewhere... stuckinindiana :) 

SIDE NOTE: I'm currently battling an upper respiratory illness, check cold & acute laryngitis. (I'm thankful for fingers to type!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment