Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 December 2014

OPEN YOUR EYES...

I'm a broken record with this one... but, my life was deeply impacted when I opened & read Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. More than anything, the book validated something I felt had been belittled over the years by so many of my respected peers, friends & mentors. What Ann wrote gave a voice to what I'd felt my entire life... the best things in life are in the moments -- no matter how small those things may be.
  • Laying on the grass in the summer looking for cloud animals
  • A mother & baby deer drinking from a small creek at the wood's edge
  • The daily changing colors of winter wheat in June & July
  • Smelling chili cooking in the crockpot when you get home on a cold day
  • The sound of snow crunching under your feet during a winter walkabout
  • Belly laughs from a little one
  • The reflection of white lights on the snow way after the rest of your neighbors have turned their lights off

Today, while looking at a few pictures I took over the summer, I spotted something I'd noticed & chuckled about a long time ago. 'Tis the season to share it with you today...



For those who need a little help, I colored on the pic for you :) Open your eyes to the MAGIC of the Season. Open your eyes every day to the MAGIC in the moments. After all, the little things are actually the BIG THINGS :)

I'm counting & listing 3 "little" blessings each day. Are you?

Thanks for stopping by!!



No comments:

Post a Comment