Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

01 October 2014

Taking Care of What the Good Lord Gave You

I have a dear friend who gave up a lot in her life as she battled breast cancer. She was diagnosed in February 2010 with its most aggressive form. The professionals gave her little, to no, hope. She believed otherwise. She's a loving mama, a radiant bride, a believer and a fighter! She's a victor, not a victim. She's a warrior, not a wounded soul.

Her battle with breast cancer was rough. There were a lot of sacrifices made.
She made it through the initial treatments & procedures that were, in one word, horrendous. AND, the battle continues. She still experiences side effects from the chemotherapy. She still faces physical challenges from medical procedures. She still has to wait on pins & needles for the results of regular check-ups and periodic lab tests.


She chose to fight the fight and to grow stronger despite the battle. Where would she have been had she not gotten a mammogram? Where will you be without getting a mammogram?

Just like my sweet mama used to say...


Take care of what the good Lord gave you! 


I mentioned that my friend is a believer in Christ. Her life reminds me of the following quote from David Whitehead:
"The man or woman gripped by God sees even difficult tasks as pleasant to the soul, for these people are not living for the approval of others—they rejoice in obeying God." ~ David Whitehead, Grace NYC

Linked with the Nesting Place community through the write31days challenge, October 2014 - post No 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment