Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 August 2014

#JoyDare No. 2863. Feeling at Home

"HOME is where the HEART is" The best thing to me about that statement is that God creates us with big enough hearts that we can feel at home almost anywhere knowing & recognizing that our heart belongs to Him - the loving creator of people, places & things... far & near :)


The 8 weeks in Chautauqua was just one more reminder that I can feel at home wherever I allow myself to feel at home. I was away from my home, my family, my church, my friends, my cornfields...
And, I was stretched daily as I cared for a very active toddler. I made it a point to get outside as much as possible & to engage with the people around me. God blessed me with a sense of being at home there.


God stretched my heart even bigger through that experience -- big enough to leave a little piece there in western New York along the banks of Lake Chautauqua :) And, as they say, home is where the heart is! 



#JoyDare No. 2863. feeling at home... almost anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment