Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 August 2014

#JoyDare No. 2874. Hard Work... Paying Off

"The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy then becomes beautiful." ~ Doug Henning

As they sent off audition tapes in the winter & spring, they'd hoped to end up at the same music festival for the summer. I'd told God, more than once, that I'd really love it if we could all end up at the same place... me with our daughter & her baby... our trombone son.. and our French horn "daughter". God had other ideas. Looking back on it, I think we all believe God knew what was best. These two were pretty happy to see each other after being apart for almost 10 weeks during the summer. 
 
The time apart made the reunion sweeter... 
these two worked hard this summer to get better
& to prepare for auditions at school &

to prepare for LIFE in the coming years
Seven weeks of hard work at Chautauqua Institution's Music School Festival for our French horn player prepared her for placement auditions at school for her senior year, as did the 9 weeks of hard work at Brevard Music Center Festival for our trombone guy. Both made life long connections with other musicians during their festivals. Both of them improved on their instruments & cultivated their talent - talents which I feel were lovingly placed there by God.  
 
School begins on Monday for "our kids" as they enter into their senior years at CCM (College Conservatory of Music - University of Cincinnati). They went to Cinci early this week for placement auditions & to begin getting settled into to their apartments. As of yesterday, they found out that they had each been placed into Philharmonia - a top group there at the Conservatory. I am proud of them for working hard. I am thankful that they are seeing the fruits of their labor!
"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." Colossians 3:23

#JoyDare No. 2874. hard work paying off




No comments:

Post a Comment