Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 August 2014

#JoyDare No. 2833. A Smooth Move

Our Chautauqua adventure this summer was intense most of the time. From the first 10 days where I was an illegal alien to the last 10 days when we didn't know quite where we were living, each twist & turn was intense! With the battle that I have against anxiety & depression (I'm winning, by the way), I often opt to use my strength for the battle of the day & trust God for strength for the coming battles.

So early on, I decided not to stress over the move from our "porch apartment" to our next place - a very nice hotel. I knew there'd be an element of The Beverly Hillbillies meets Sanford & Son happening in the lobby of that nice hotel for all to see. How else do 3 girls go from living in apartments for 7 weeks of their lives (while cooking all their meals, providing their own pillows & bed linens, doing their own laundry, etc.) to living in a hotel room designed for a stay of a week or less.

But, on Saturday, August 9, 2014, I chose to pick this for one of my "JoyDares"... 
#joydare No. 2833. a smooth move 
Moving out from our over-crowded, slightly disorganized porch apartment before 10am and not being allowed to check into our next place until after 3pm seemed like a horror in the making. But, thanks to God & to our new DOC (Disciples of Christ) family, it went as smoothly as it possibly could! Our DOC family allowed us to "camp out" under their awnings & use their restrooms, etc. until we were able to begin our move into the hotel.


I got in a great walkabout through the property with our sweet little one. My daughter was able to complete a commissioned work - painting of a home there onsite. We enjoyed some time there onsite that we weren't expecting. When we got the call that the room was ready, it took us 3 to 4 trips between Chautauqua & the hotel. AND, it took more than 3 luggage carts to fill our new place. But, it worked out just fine. And, we enjoyed a relaxing evening in a very crowded, but comfortable hotel room!


#joydare No. 2833. a smooth move 

No comments:

Post a Comment