Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

29 August 2014

#JoyDare No. 2806. The Disciples of Christ


Journal from Thursday, July 31, 2014...
I'm trusting & praying as I wait to hear back from TWO places this afternoon... 
* One is a 2nd-floor porch apartment (with only screens & mini-blinds for windows) with a shared kitchen & a shared bath. It's priced VERY reasonably - but, ONLY available for 7 of the 10 needed nights.
* One is a close, but off-site, hotel suite (with a free daily shuttle to/from CHQ; but, no cooking facilities at all); reasonably priced for what it is... still a bit much for 10 nights.

I've been on a countdown lately. I named it 10 days to 10 days. And today, only 2 days away from being "homeless" here in a very nice community, I got word there'd been a cancellation at the denominational house of the Disciples of Christ in their "Porch Apartment" at the Graybiel House.  So, I chose this for my #JoyDare No. 2806: the Disciples of Christ :) They came to my rescue & gave me another option for seven of the ten remaining nights here in New York.

I've been praying for a miracle. I've been believing that God would provide a place for us ON-SITE for this final "school" week for J. I've been told over & over since mid-June that Week Seven has been booked solid for over a year and that most places already have waiting lists for any last minute cancellations that might occur. Week Seven will be full for my daughter with finishing work & participating in critiques. And, money is a factor... if I want to be a good steward of our finances.


The main Disciples of Christ House  
I sent notes out to every single denominational house in CHQ and, only heard back from a few. All of the responses said that they were booked for that week for over a year. One response went on to say that they were praying for something to work out for us AND that they would keep checking with others in the community for last minute cancellations. When there was a last minute cancellation in the Graybiel House & an opportunity to stay on-site for seven more nights at a reasonable rate, I was thrilled. I just needed to head over & check things out.

The Graybiel House sits behind the main DOC house & the "Porch Apartment" will give us a great view of the street - as it is the 2nd floor porch perched above the ground floor entry porch! 


Here are a few pictures...

The Graybiel House
The Graybiel House - front porch
directly under the Porch Apartment
The Porch Apartment - west end
The Porch Apartment - east end
The Porch Apartment - the south wall
The Porch Apartment - the south wall

Thank you to my new Disciples of Christ friends who provided a place in time of need & who reminded me of that the family of God is big & beautiful.




#JoyDare No. 2806 - the Disciples of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment