Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

04 April 2014

Cries in the Darkness

I've written before about a song by Christa Wells with lyrics which seem as if they were drawn from my life. Here are a few lines that I've lived...


You’re gonna cry yourself to sleep

You’re gonna soak the pillow for many weeks
You’re gonna cry Why? Why me?

You’re gonna cry yourself to sleep 
‘cause for the moment all that you can see
Is what you’ve lost... lost... Why me? 

You’re gonna cry yourself to sleep
A thousand miracles you’ll have to wait and see...


When my heart cries out in the darkness to God, I often speak the words...
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you." Psalm 143:8

In the past five years, I've prayed that prayer many times. I hope I've done my share of crying out in the darkness - the physical darkness of night & the darkness which envelops me in times of trouble! There have been times when I was physically exhausted from crying to the Lord & many times when I've fallen asleep while claiming the promise that there will be word of God's unfailing love in the morning.


Regardless of what life brings into your path... don't hesitate to cry out to God in the darkness & remember to claim the promise that morning light will bring word of His unfailing, faithful love!

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 

No comments:

Post a Comment