Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

31 March 2014

Our Failures, Flesh & Faults

In keeping with my latest little passion, I've been going through my photos and pairing them with quotes & scriptures. I've bookmarked favorite verses and saved favorite quotes for years now. I've been an overly picky photographer for years too -- always trying to get the perfect angle or picture composition & balance. I wouldn't saying I've succeeded in becoming an accomplished photographer. But, I've certainly ended up with a multitude of photographs!!

Early this morning I read a quote I'd saved out of Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. I had lovingly placed it on my Favorite Quotes List when it jumped off the page at me 3 years ago! I've returned to read it on many occasions in the past few years. Today it jumped at me again :)
"Your Father is bigger than your failures, your flesh and your faults!"Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts
Yes LORD... I am claiming those promises this morning!!! There's something about me that says I contribute to my failures & faults... but, what about my flesh when I'm doing the absolute best I can in this time? My flesh is weak from this most recent season. I've been "pitching in" a little more than usual lately. Our daughter has been working diligently on her senior show... while completing the last semester before she earns her Bachelor of Art's degree... while still working part-time at a day care center AND caring for her 14-month old. 


OOPS, A BREAK... I'm back again - after a full morning with our little Princess after her Mommy headed out to school. The kitchen is still a mess but, I've seen it worse. It's 11:30am & I just rocked our little sweet one to sleep for a nap. I should probably eat something...

The LOML brought me coffee early this morning when the only ones awake were the two of us. Does coffee with real cream count as food? Then I hit the floor running (after a novice runner!) when she awoke -- fixing breakfast for her, cleaning her up, picking out an adorable outfit from the wonderful clothes we've been given. (Have I mentioned that I love hand-me-downs.) I wolfed down a Reese peanut butter egg & a large glass of milk for breakfast. I followed that almost immediately with a cold piece of pizza & a glass of juice. Does that satisfy the food groups for breakfast & lunch? I don't normally eat like this. But, sometimes in the recent weeks, I've almost forgotten to eat or opted for rest over food :)

AND, YET AGAIN, ANOTHER BREAK... someone is teething & getting over a little stomach virus from this past weekend. The nap lasted less than an hour. And, then our little red-head didn't want to do anything apart from her DeeDee's arms - which happen to be perfectly formed. I lugged her around as I cleared a table of dishes which should have been put away months ago. I sang to her... rocked her... attempted to wash a few dishes with her attached to my hip...

I could go on but, I'll spare you all the details. When I look at the way life is going for me lately, I doesn't make any sense that I should stay healthy in this cold & flu season. I'm not eating well. I'm not sleeping well. I'm not getting as much exercise as I should. Everything points to a total physical collapse... 

     everything... 

            BUT GOD!

I have a peace in my spirit - feeling as though this season is just where He wants me. It's a season where I am reminded that He who carries us, carries us in all the times. He's our strength, whether we acknowledge it or not, when life is waltzing along perfectly. And, He's our strength in the times when it makes no sense that would would have any strength.

TODAY I'm thanking God for His faithful loving kindness & lavish provision... and His reminder through Ann's words...
"Your Father is bigger than your failures, your flesh and your faults!" ~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today... 



No comments:

Post a Comment