Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

03 March 2014

It Will Wait 'Til Tomorrow!

I saw a great quote on Twitter this morning. And, if you know me, you know that I enjoy sharing quotes that touch and inspire me. The quote reminded me of a section of an Old Testament scripture that comes to my mind almost daily:
  • often when I wake up
  • as I try to set my agenda for the day 
  • when I catch myself speaking in the wrong tone of voice to a family member
I'm reminded of the scriptures often as I go about my day-to-day normal life. The quote I saw reminded me of the choice each of us has at the beginning of every day and as the day progresses. We have a choice in how we speak to others & how we treat them. We have a choice in how we spend our resources. We have a choice in what we value by choosing our vocations. 

The quote I saw...
"No one served God by doing things tomorrow." - Charles H. Spurgeon
And, for me, a perfect pairing with that...
"... choose today whom you will serve..." Joshua 24:15a



Start your day choosing whom you will serve :)


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment