Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

25 January 2014

An Instrument of Peace

While wearing one of my volunteer hats - communications for MPC Worship Arts ministry, I was preparing to send out a note about our weekend services. It includes the sermon title & text, related scriptures and more. I like to provide video links to the songs we'll be singing so others can listen to & learn songs that will be used in our worship times. (I've cut & pasted in some of the songs we'll be singing this Sunday at the bottom of the page.)

The last section of the note is always entitled "My Thoughts Today" and covers what I feel the Lord has said to me that day as I worked on the note. Some times the words come to my mind faster than I can type them. Other times, it's a bit of a struggle to know that I am writing what God needs me to write at that moment. This week I added a PERSONAL PS...
I'm thanking God today for the changes that have happened in the past year as this new ONE YEAR OLD (who celebrated her first birthday on 1/16/14) has set about a new outlook in many lives. They say that a baby changes everything. This one certainly has helped with so many of the challenges & choices of the past. She is making the future brighter for many. 
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS DEAR FRIENDS. We continue to claim God's hand in all of this :) My prayer... LORD, make me an instrument of Your peace - a reflection of Thy love!
As those thoughts came to me, I felt the nudge to share the Peace Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi and a link to the song taken from that prayer. Enjoy both of the following:

Peace Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi 
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. 
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. 
Instrument of Peace - sung by the Canadian Tenors



I am moved by music & words of deep truth. I love sharing both. I'm grateful that our church has a blend of the old & new songs at most gatherings. Here are a few songs that we will lift up this Sunday at Madison Park ChoG: 
What songs & writings stir your heart? I'd love to know :) 

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment