Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

12 November 2013

In A Moment

Today I awoke with a yearning to be by myself - just me & God for some quiet time. I imagined myself looking out from the side of a tall mountain - just admiring God's beauty from that perch. I opted to miss a wonderful weekly gathering of women at our church - a Bible study called RefresHer. I'm ministered to by being there. But, the yearning to be silent won out. And, I began to talk with God... and write.

I'm feeling a bit withdrawn today... thinking about friends with whom I've lost touch... some due to long distances between us in location... others due to reasons I do not understand. I'm missing ones who've gone on to be with God.

I've begun 4 posts already today -- each with words spilling out from my heart almost faster than I can type them. I've limited my time online and checked only from time to time for specific things. As I hopped over to Facebook to copy one of my pics to use for a post I'd begun, the top status in the feed was from a young woman of God in our church...
California Baptist sang this song at my church two years ago. Gives me chills every time! He's making all things new!
I clicked on the YouTube link provided. I listened and, I worshiped. I was refreshed, renewed, encouraged. I was challenged to let people see my story... to proclaim where I find my strength & hope.

It's a 6-minute video. But, if you're weary, hurting or seeking help today, take a listen. If you long to be with loved ones who've gone on, take a listen. If you want to be reminded of His promises, take a listen. If you want to be reminded of that day when all things are made new, take a listen:



Here are the lyrics taken from In A Moment by Rebecca St. James & as it's sung by the California Baptist University choir:

In a moment everyone falls silent to hear the mighty trumpet split the eastern sky.
Just imagine, the King of all creation riding through the heavens returning for His bride.


Gloria! Gloria! Hear the sound of heaven ring.
Gloria! Gloria! All the earth will bow & sing. 

All the broken, they're no longer broken as they dance before Him a radiant debut. 
And the lion walks beside the lamb and all is well again. He's making all things new. 

Gloria! Gloria! Hear the sound of heaven ring. 
Gloria! Gloria! All the earth will bow & sing. 

Gloria, Gloria, Gloria!
Sing Glory, Sing Glory, Sing Gloria!
Gloria, Sing Gloria!
Hear the sound of the crowd sing Gloria!
Face down, on the ground, sing Gloria! 

Gloria! Gloria! Hear the sound of heaven ring. 
Gloria! Gloria! All the earth will bow & sing. 

In a moment everyone falls silent.
All is well again.
He's making all things new.

I'm encouraged by this song & God's Word... promising brokenness being replaced with dancing... promising the lion & the lamb walking side by side... promising overwhelming awe, JOY & celebration!


The grass withers and the flowers fade,
but the word of God stands forever.
Isaiah 40:8
Here are some promises that will NEVER be broken:
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." Revelation 21:5
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17
"The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life." Revelation 22:17

Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...


No comments:

Post a Comment