Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 November 2013

Thankful Thoughts

This year during the Macy's
Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Oh the difference a year can make...

This vary moment, I sit by a sleeping beautiful 10 month old baby girl. I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. She watched for a little bit. Then it was nap time for her :) A year ago, I watched the parade with her. But, that was when she was, as I will describe as, ON THE INSIDE :)  

This year, I sit in the downstairs family room with our daughter (her sleeping baby), our son & his girlfriend and the LOML watching the parade. Last year, it was the same group joined by Uncle Greg & Aunt Justine. AND, we were ALL watching from our master bedroom... with the FOUR ADULTS sitting in the king sized bed.


Last year during the Macy's
Thanksgiving Day Parade!
This year, our home dynamic includes an adult daughter & her baby living with us. Last year, we were entering into the land of the unknown.

This year, we don't really know what the future holds for our new little family member or any of us. Last year, we didn't know either.

Two things which remain the same.... we have no idea what the future will bring & we have no fear for the future. I guess I'm only officially authorized to speak for myself. My hope is in the One who hangs the stars and holds me in the palm of His hand. A verse in the Bible perfectly describes how I feel...
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast... Hebrews 6:19
One of my favorite lines I've spoken while playing various characters in A Christmas Carol at our church is...
There's always HOPE!
This year marks our 21st year of production of the classic Dicken's tale. Wish you could come see it. I happen to think that Bob Cratchit this year is so handsome!!!


Linking with Ann Voskamp - A Holy Experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment