Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

28 October 2012

Crazy Questions! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 28 October 2012

Which way is best? I don't know!
It's all so confusing.
How do we get the answers to our crazy questions?
  • What did I ever do to make my spouse seek out another? 
  • Will I get a regular job or have to keep working 2-3 to make ends meet?
  • Why didn't my dad's cancer go into remission? Why did he have to die so soon?
  • When will I stop blaming my past for all the stupid choices I keep making?
  • Will the offer on that house be accepted or will I keep having to throw away money on this rental property? 
  • When will I become pregnant and be able to carry a baby full term?  Why did that person get pregnant when they don't even deserve a baby?
  • What causes me to be so uptight when I'm in a group?  Why do I wake up & dread the day?
Life is full of questions.  And, it's not always full of answers!  But, there are many answers to be found when we look for them.  And, there is a peace that comes from believing that everything will work out for our good -- even when our questions aren't answered! 

The past 10 weekends the pastoral staff at our church has spoken to the top 10 questions asked in an open forum. The surrounding Indianapolis metro community (and the world via the internet) was asked to submit questions to be answered during a special teaching series. No subject or question was off limits; and anyone could ask a question. A community panel, comprised of people who do not attend our church, selected the Top Ten questions. The questions were answered – one by one – in a Biblical frame during weekend worship services. The full list of questions is located on our website under:  Go Ahead Ask Anything 2 

Today concluded the series with the number one question:
#1 – Homosexuality
  • Is homosexuality a sin? Can a person be a Christian and a homosexual?
  • What does the Bible say about how Christians should respond regarding the following issues related to homosexuality:  Today, it seems whenever you disagree with society, like you’re not in support of gay marriage; you are labeled a “hater.” How should Christians respond, in a Christ-honoring way, when you’re attacked for disagreeing with society’s new morality?
  • It is impossible for me to wrap my mind around other Christians who see millions of people that are gay and denounce their sexuality as evil and perverse. 
  • How do Christians justify telling the LGBT population that their sexual orientation is unnatural and not in God’s plan when this is psychologically damaging and can lead to depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.?
  • How do people justify using religion as a “weapon” to deny equal marriage rights in this country even though homosexuality has been scientifically justified as naturally occurring?
  • How do you think God feels about an avowed homosexual accepting a pastoral position and preaching His Word?
How do you find the answers to the questions in your life?  Do you wonder... what would God say about this?  Post a question here & get some answers & some scripture references to back those answers.  Take a look at some of the scriptures below.  

Life is full of questions... and there are answers to many of those questions!!  Seek wisdom... get answers.

His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; using it because i love the words of God)
  • "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." James 1:5
  • "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8 
  • "And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers." Luke 2:47
  • "Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!"  Romans 11:33 

Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


No comments:

Post a Comment