Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

24 September 2013

The Wisest Man...

Who's the wisest man you know? Who's the wisest woman? Who among us is WISE?

Solomon wrote, 

"In my search for wisdom, I tried to observe everything that goes on all across the earth. I discovered that there is ceaseless activity, day and night. This reminded me that no one can discover everything God has created in our world, no matter how hard they work at it. Not even the wisest people know everything, even if they say they do." Ecclesiastes 8:16 & 17 


Photo by T. Getz

The New Living Translation (Study Application) Bible notes say...
"Even if he had access to all the world’s wisdom, the wisest man would know very little. No one can fully comprehend God and all that He has done, and there are always more questions than answers. But the unknown should not cast a shadow over our joy, faith, or work because we know that someone greater is in control and that we can put our trust in Him. Don’t let what you don’t know about the future destroy the joy God wants to give you today."

To me, that last statement, 'Don’t let what you don’t know about the future destroy the joy God wants to give you today', is priceless. I know little of the future. But, today, I choose JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment