Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

18 March 2013

Don't Break Baby Jesus

Whatever you do, don't break Baby Jesus! I audibly spoke those words earlier today.

Since a very young age, I knew I wanted to collect nativity scenes as I grew up. The love for those hasn't waned as the years have gone by. My income has been limited. As we've learned, raising two children & attempting to be a stay-at-home mom is profitable but, not in a financial way :)  


One of my mother-in-law's Nativity sets...
I've collected nativity sets from dollar stores to different countries. Many of the sets could fit in a coffee mug. Others are larger. I've taken hand-me-down nativities. My mom has given me several of hers that I gazed at lovingly as a young child. I've yet to get a large outdoor nativity for our front yard. But, trust me, that's on my wish list! Just after Thanksgiving, I begin unpacking all the nativity sets & placing them all over the house. Sometime in early January, I transition my house from Christmas to SNOW and the sets get packed away into their boxes.

This SPRING as I was packing up the excessive amount of Christmas & winter decorations and transitioning my home to spring decor, I was rushing from one room to another with full hands. All of a sudden, I felt something slip & the words flew out of my mouth, "Whatever you do, don't break baby Jesus!" 

With no thought at all, my mind, my heart & my mouth knew what the most important piece of the nativity was.. the Christ child. From that tiny baby, hope was born into a fallen world. The parents were a part of the story. The wisemen were a part of the story. From the lowly stable to the lofty star, there are so many celebrated parts of the story. The one thing that will remain forever & will make the difference in any life, is the changes brought about that tiny baby.

Be careful in your life to guard your hearts & minds... and by all means, don't break Baby Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment