Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

08 March 2013

Birthday Thoughts...

March 8, 2013

While writing a note of birthday greetings on my niece's Facebook wall today...
Ashley, I could write a BOOK about how blessed I am to have you & the other girls for nieces... and Shaney & Kevin for nephews. God has blessed our family with some WONDERFUL young people. May you seek Him more & more each day. Your birthday is being celebrated here on earth & in heaven, as well. We love you!! Uncle B & Aunt C
I was instantly filled with a sense of JOY & thoughts of heaven. Man has not seen nor can comprehend what WONDERFUL things are in store in heaven for those who give their hearts to God here on earth. The thought came to my mind, "I want to die."

I immediately thought, how morose!  But, the truth is that my work here on earth should be completed focused on the prize ahead of me. Showing others the Jesus I know should be my main goal. Bringing others to the saving knowledge of Christ should be my focus.

Yes, I look forward to being in heaven. Yes, I look forward to no more pain, no more heartache, no more sadness, etc. I can't wait to see my father & to meet a sister whom I never met. I long to say thanks to Kate Powell & Hazel Paige Settlemyer & Louise Sain who modeled Godly women for me in my early years. I yearn for hugs & conversations with girlfriends who have become like sisters... and sisters who are dear friends.
Happy Birthday Ashley!
SEEK HIM IN ALL YOU DO :)

I know that my life here is like a vapor in comparison with eternity. But, I know & I am at peace with what God has for me to do... and for what I may need to endure here on earth... to further the kingdom of God.

Each day brings blessings in the good times, as well as the bad. I am thankful for that. I thank God for placing wonderful people in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment