Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

16 November 2012

People Are Watching!

Today, I am thankful for parents who modeled TRUSTING GOD - no matter what.  

When you closely watch someone LIVE their life, you often see what is & isn't in this world -- you know, what works & doesn't work. You see inconsistencies and/or consistencies in the examples of others. 

As my parents trusted God for all their needs, I saw parents who put their requests in front of the Lord & waited expectantly. I saw answered prayers - even those which were answered in a way that was unexpected, and sometimes not what was asked to happen. There was never any question that the outcome would be a part of God's big plan. They believed... and they modeled that God was always looking after them - protecting them, providing for their needs, teaching them lessons that would be useful later in life, etc. 

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 5:3, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."  I'm no different that any of you, I have some BIG requests of the LORD. He is faithful to all His children... in perfect timing! So, I put my requests to Him & believe that I will see His answer.

As I have been a parent, I've thought often of the example that my parents set. I've often prayed that the example I have set will help my children as they grow into adults. Learning from mistakes is something we all do.  Learning from the example of others has great value too!

My suggestion... put your trust in God... and wait expectantly.  People are watching you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment