Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 October 2012

Crazy Mom Love! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 02 October 2012

One of my pet peeves has always been those parents who can't stop talking about their wonderful, talented, gorgeous, smart, out-standing children. I guess it started during my college days when I was working with our local church's youth group.  It seemed like some people could NOT see beyond their crazy love for their kids to what they kids were actually doing -- getting away with, more accurately stated. It continued as I began substitute teaching in the local school system.

I've TRIED NOT to be THAT parent...
  • My child will be a famous artist... a famous musician/composer.
  • My child could have gone on to play professional soccer.
  • My child should have been placed in the TOP group - not the second one!
  • I'm pretty sure my child is a genius.
  • My child misbehaved in class because that teacher doesn't know how to "challenge" gifted students.
It's no secret, I love my two children & am very, very proud of their accomplishments.  But, I really don't want to be Miss Braggart Mom!

Today, however, the MOM LOVE kicked in like CRAZY when an inspirational website chose my picture to share on their website...
Watching my daughter paint
as she uses her God-given talent :)
Serenity & thanksgiving!!
The blessing of being a mom, truly opened my eyes to the meaning of laying down one's live for another.  The other day, I told that very daughter I'd catch a grenade for her (lyrics of the Bruno Mars song) if I thought her life would be saved :)  She just laughed!

Seriously... CRAZY MOM LOVE!


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment