Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 October 2012

Crazy Driver! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 01 October 2012

In keeping with the true me... I've begun the lovely month of October (my BIRTHDAY MONTH) out with plenty of craziness!  I opted for a nice bike ride with a friend on country roads for my morning "temple maintenance."  I'm trying to get back into that after taking an extended period of time off after 3 fractures in my foot in less than a year :/ 

My biking partner for the day is NOT a speed biker.  But, that's totally fine with me.  I love chatting with her.  And, I figure... an hour pedaling a bike is better than 15 minutes sitting at home eating bon-bons :)  

On a slow turn-around as we approached a busy state road, I encountered some loose gravel & went flying OFF my bike.  It really wasn't that bad of a fall but, I did manage to scrap the front of my leg on the way off.  Nothing but a flesh wound & nothing that kept me from hopping back on & biking more.

When we arrived back at my house, we loaded her bike into the back of my grocery-getter* and headed to her house a few miles closer to the city.  After delivering her and  her bike home, I headed back to my home in the cornfields.  Imagine my surprise when all of a sudden I noticed what I had failed to remove after the bike ride...



I sure hope that the few drivers I passed on the way to my friends house appreciated my concern with safety.  I posted a pic of the injury via Facebook & Twitter with the post, "Helmets save lives... but, not legs."  


I suppose an accurate caption for the first picture could have been, "Helmets save lives... but, not pride."    

31 DAYS OF CRAZY - beginning with more than one day's worth of CRAZY.  

That would be me!!

Don't leave home without a helmet!


FARM TALK:
* grocery-getter = what my neighbors call ALL small trucks/light-duty trucks (any truck having a curb weight plus payload of no more than 8,500 pounds; designed primarily for purposes of transportation of persons & property)


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment