Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

05 October 2012

Crazy Food! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 03 October 2012

Earlier this morning I shared a Snapshot of the Day talking about another aspect of my dysfunction -- my depression which manifests itself more in the "I can't seem to get myself to DO that" mode than in the "Poor pitiful me. I'm so sad" mode. More often than not, I feel overwhelmed by the mundane things of life that other's breeze through.

My breakfast meal today made me think of my life full of crazy food...

  • When my dad added peanut butter to oatmeal to mask the "flavor of oatmeal"
  • The numerous times as children when we were served broccoli (fresh from the freezer & steamed to preserve the nutrients) which tasted more like freezer burn than broccoli
  • The story of my father cooking a rodent over his little camp fire which he & his buddy had caught in the field behind his house
  • The chicken claw that was floating in the homemade soup which I ate with a smile in a village in Jamaica on a youth missions trip - I chose to leave that in the pot for another friend
Spending the formative years of my life in a home of Dad (a country pastor) & Mom (a missionary-kid & pastor's wife), we learned that you can survive on almost anything.  I'm so grateful to be blessed with abundance & the luxury to eat more "normal food" in these years.  

A big part of the world lives on CRAZY FOOD every day -- and, not the fun or funny kind.  I encourage you to take a few minutes today to find a local pantry where you can serve or share food from your abundance.  Make & take a meal to a new mother or a person in your area who is dealing with an unexpected illness or diagnosis.  And be reminded, we can't live by food alone!  

Related post: Life's Snapshots - Old Fruit 


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment