Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

08 October 2012

Crazy Lazy! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 08 October 2012

Yep... I blew it!  I thought about it during the day.  But, I was too lazy to do what I needed to do when I thought about it.  I was enjoying cuddling up under a cozy blanket as the cool temps took over our house.  The next time I thought about it, it was TOO LATE. Reluctantly I climbed from the warm comfort of my bed this morning & shivered.  It was cold, really COLD (and I hadn't left windows open, as I am known to do this time of year). When I checked the temp it read 35 degrees outside & 58 inside.  Brrrrrrrr!

At that moment, I thought of my tomato plants behind the barn.  Oops!  I should have covered those plants when I thought about it yesterday!  I love my fresh tomatoes.  As, a matter of fact, I usually can't make it to the house without eating a few!  I kept kicking myself all morning as I thought of those tomato plants! And, before I headed out to walk with my neighbor in the afternoon, I decided to quickly check on the plants.  Not a good find:



I once again kicked myself and thought, Ruthanne (my neighbor) would NEVER do that.  I bet she still has tomato plants growing in her garden still!  While walking with her, I mentioned how cold it had been the night before & learned she had not covered her tomato plants either.  It made me feel better!  And, it reminded me, that mistakes are mistakes but, we should learn from them -- not just condemn ourselves because of them.  When I am craving some fresh tomatoes on a salad or in a sandwich in the coming weeks, the lesson will be reinforced in my mind :)

SUMMARY:  Make a mistake... Learn... Move On :)


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment