Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

07 October 2012

Crazy Drives! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 07 October 2012


Growing up when fuel was so much less costly, Sunday drives with the family happened with regularity. We talked, sang & laughed as the miles of country roads were traveled together. My mom & dad both loved the simple things of life & the simple things of nature. It wasn't unusual to pull the car over to wait a few minutes for the sunset or to gaze longer at a tree afire with autumn's blaze.


I'm still captured by the beauty along country roads - especially as the day nears its end. Like the sunrise, sunset often brings vibrant color changes by the minute. And, when you add the daily changes that come with this season, I'm gone :)

Tonight I took a drive with my "little" girl - running her back into town where she rents a small house. She's not really little anymore -- to the rest of the world. 

So, at a particularly gorgeous bend in the road, I slowed down to a crawl & hollered, 


"Grab the wheel & watch the road.
I need to take photos!"

For all of about 90 seconds, I snapped shot after shot while she laughed.  When we were almost to her place, she giggled again & told me what a crazy mom I was. 

That's the kind of mom I want to be :) It's what I call a good crazy!

My Sunday evening drive ended with a gorgeous shot of the sun setting and with one more sweet memory for me (and hopefully for my daughter).  Hold tight to fond memories.  They will bring peace, comfort & joy in times ahead!  


From the rising of the sun to its going down
The LORD's name is to be praised.
Psalm 113:3



Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


Shared w/the Ann Voskamp 1000 Gifts Community on 10/16/12

No comments:

Post a Comment