Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

09 October 2012

Crazy Coincidence! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 09 October 2012

One year ago TODAY, we purchased our FIRST new washer & dryer! The over 20 year-old appliances we had inherited had served us well as we raised two active children. Yet, the timer on the old dryer had stopped working years before. And, when the washer stopped mid-cycle & refused to restart or drain last year, that was about the last straw.  The repairman confirmed... "This thing can't be fixed Ma'am! It's way too old!" 

It was so exciting to get shiny, new appliances with all the "bells & whistles"... high efficiency, LED display, etc. But, guess what? The more fancy gadgets... the more chance of things going wrong!

This past July, the dryer refused to start. I grabbed the manual & did all the trouble-shooting suggestions.  My husband insisted that he double check that I had done everything right (as he tends to do - LOL).  The repairman was called, came & replaced a part. No charge due to the one year warranty.  HOORAY!

And then TODAY... one year to the day from purchasing the appliances, the dryer pulled the same stunt.  A quick call to the manufacture revealed that the warranty will cover this next service trip, as well.  Not exactly how I wanted my "birthday eve" to play out.  Once again, my back yard & sun room have turned into a drying center.


 Crazy coincidence?  I don't know.  But, one thing I know for sure... if it had to happen a second time on the final day of the warranty is better than in another month or so.  And, trust me... should the same issue occur again, the manufacture is going to be replacing something! 

With so much of life, certain events & happenings seem to be a cruel coincidence.  Timing often seems anything but what we had in mind.  Often though, the interruptions to our day to day bring about changes that we later recognize as perfect timing.



Go check on over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment