Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

31 October 2012

Crazy Endings! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 31 October 2012


This is my last post for the nesting place's



Today, as I write the last post in the 31 Days of {of change} I'm feeling that this was a good thing for me. And, I'm hoping it was a good experience for my readers - especially the few who subscribe & receive ALL my posts via email :) It was a good discipline to write daily. It was fun to read other posts too. It was a good way to fill in the blanks and bring posts to fruition from the long list of topics I had saved. And, as I've said before, there's more than 31 days of CRAZY topics in my life!

We've all heard variations of this: 
"All good things must come to an end." 
I researched the above quote & found in one place it was attributed to playwright & novelist Thornton Wilder... 
"All good things must come to an end, but all bad things can continue forever." 
In another search, it was reported to come from this quote, dating back to 1374, by Geoffrey Chaucer, referred to as the Father of English Literature... 
"... there is an end to everything, to good things as well...' 
I'd lean more towards the philosophy of the Chaucer quote -- definitely more upbeat! However, I'm of the belief that only the BAD things will come to an end for me and that all the GOOD things are eternal - lasting forever!  

I've longed for painful experiences & painful memories to end. But, I've grown to see that going through those experiences has helped create a NEW BEGINNING for me every time... a time to come... formed with those events but faced with more strength & knowledge from those experiences. I've seen the end of heartfelt dreams... but trust for a time of renewal, new beginnings & new dreams. I've lost out on something for which I desired... to have something ultimately better happen later. Good things are like the tide... they ebb & flow. They're never gone forever... they always come back! And, the bad things that smash into our lives knocking us over like a crashing wave also recede to allow us to stand up again, gather strength & gather perspective.

Endings bring beginnings... so, what has ended? If it's GOOD, it will live on. If it's bad, it will bring opportunities for GOOD in the future.

His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; using it because i love the words of God)



     
  • "And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me." Jeremiah 32:40
  • "He was given authority, honor, and sovereignty over all the nations of the world, so that people of every race and nation and language would obey him. His rule is eternal—it will never end. His kingdom will never be destroyed." Daniel 7:14  
  • "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
  • "Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this... ?" John 11:26a
  • "They will pass safely through the sea of distress, for the waves of the sea will be held back..." Zechariah 10:11
  • "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Thanks for reading friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment