Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

06 October 2012

Crazy Chickens! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 06 October 2012

There's been an execution watch happening at my neighbor's house ever since she took in 5 new hens over a month ago who have refused to lay eggs!  Up until the day she got them, they were each laying an average of 1 egg per day.

The very lives of... 


Lillie
Louisa
Laverne
Lucille
& Lydia 


...have been on the line!

The husband, to protect his identity let's just call him "Farmer Jeff," has taken to calling them BROILERS instead LAYERS*!  For weeks now my friend has been checking the laying boxes to no avail.  Her father (a wise, educated former farmer) suggested that she put a few eggs from the kitchen in the laying boxes to encourage the girls to lay.  She preferred not to waste eggs so, she "borrowed" some of Farmer Jeff's golf balls several days ago.  She learned from their former that in the last location they'd been very secretive about their laying -- behind the crates or boxes stored in their space.  So, she considered adding some "junk" to her nicely organized coop.

But, praise be the One who created those CRAZY CHICKENS, this morning look what was discovered in one of the before-neglected laying boxes...



There's HOPE for the "L Ladies" in the hen house. Time will tell.  Will they be LAYERS or broilers?  Gives me inspiration to do what I need to do to be producing good things :)

* FARM TALK:  When a sweet, innocent hen (or otherwise) doesn't produce eggs to eat or eggs to hatch for baby chicks to sell, she's a liability!  And, farmers start to look at them as sustenance instead of substance!


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment