Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

20 October 2012

Crazy Connection! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 20 October 2012

My mom & I miss my dad
but, we still feel connected to
him by LOVE!!
I woke up this morning thinking about my dad.  He went to be with Lord ten years ago today.  

Although he's not been with us these past years, I feel a connection to him.  He was a gentle & compassionate man. He didn't have a bad word to say about anyone. The worse thing I ever heard him say about anyone was, "That person must really be going through something rough to act like that." I hope I've taken on some of his admirable qualities.  Below are a few excerpts from a post I wrote about him & the connection we continue to share...
My dad was born to a steel mill worker & a lifelong stay-at-home mom... born in a little white house perched on a small hill on a street lined with a dozen or two nearly identical homes. He led a simple, conservative life, born & raised in that Ohio town. Most of his entertainment consisted of listening to the radio. Music was how he learned of the world beyond his own. I remember him referencing songs & books from his lifetime in his sermons. And, I remember one of his sermons entitled, "What's It All About?" I wonder if it had anything to do with the old song? 
I've learned that while we're here on earth, we won't be able to answer that question about most situations we face. For me, life's answers often aren't clear... the road is frequently steep & winding... the "why's" are many. Yet, for me, my faith holds strong in the One who hung the stars in space, spoke music to life & loves each one of us like a long, long awaited child.
Sometimes, in the wee small hours of the night, I weep over disappointments & losses in my life.  Although there's a profound sense of loss with my father not here any more, his life & his love have helped me to answer many of the "What's It All About?" questions in my life.  I feel a special connection with my father.  I believe that he is somehow in that huge crowd of witnesses to my life of faith.  I can't wait to give him a HUGE hug when I get to heaven :)

His Words
(got this idea from Chase Tibbs' blog; because i love the words of God)
  • "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." Hebrews 12:1
  • "Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
  • "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment