Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

21 October 2012

Crazy About Friends! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 21 October 2012

"It is one of the blessings of old* friends
that you can afford to be stupid with them." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love my friends... one could say I am CRAZY about my friends. And, I feel comfortable enough to be stupid with them.  They are a diverse group. Yet, each encourages me to become a better me daily while helping me feel that I'm still okay :)  It's always a nice thing to feel like you are not a lost cause!  My friends are GOOD FRIENDS... and, they keep me sane :)  
Choose your friends by their character & your socks by their color.
What goes in to being a GOOD FRIEND?
  • The same age or socio-economic status?
  • Liking the same kind of music & same TV shows?
  • Sharing the same religion, education, beliefs, goals?
  • Registered to vote with the same political party & not one of the others??  
For me, none of the above is a requirement for being a good friend.  For me, the following are what goes in to being a GOOD FRIEND:
  • Common values - law-abiding, caring & supporting those less fortunate
  • Treating others with respect - even when there are differences in opinions
  • Honest feed back versus telling me what I might want to hear
I love diversity in friends. And, I love what can be learned from friends whose experiences are different than mine.  I am so thankful that I am surrounded by a great group of supportive friends.


My mom used to tell me when I was young, "To have a friend, you must be a friend."  That's good advice. I'm crazy about friends & want to be a better friend!

"It is one of the blessings of old* friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

* I would replace the word old with good.  Other than that, as I said on Twitter tonight... "I resemble that quote."  As evidence in the picture to the left!


Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...

No comments:

Post a Comment