Just a glimpse of me...

My photo
Do you ever feel STUCK? In 2000, I began looking for answers to some tough questions in my life. I'd searched high & low and finally conceded to search the promises found in the Bible. Those promises have sustained & guided me through the loss of a parent, the struggle with anxiety & depression, the loss of a valued relationship and so much more! I've found joy amid the pain. And, I want to share it with you!

10 October 2012

Crazy Birthday Girl! - 31 DAYS OF CRAZY - 10 October 2012 BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY ALERT!

Some day I will outgrow this little girl thing of MAKING A HUGE BIG DEAL of my birthday.  But, it's not happening this year.  

I couldn't care less if I get a gift or not.  I just want to have fun.  Who was that brilliant singer who sang, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"... just kidding!  Well, I am a huge birthday fan... not how old I am (oh my!)... but, that it's to be a time of JOY!  I believe that God has a purpose for every person.  And, I believe that God doesn't do anything less than SPECTACULAR.  So... I must in some way be SPECTACULAR if I am seeking to serve Him in this life here!

Here's a bullet point description of my spectacular day...
  • Began with midnight calls from my two kids - both wanting to be the first to say Happy Birthday to me :)
  • Breakfast in bed (coffee & cinnamon crunch bagel) - served by the LOML - and opening cards that came in the mail over the past few days
 
  • Walk on country roads with friend & neighbor, Ruthanne, & her dog... spotting a baby raccoon high in a tree peering down at us
  • Cleaning, mopping & moving things around in the laundry room - to accommodate the repairman who FIXED MY BROKEN DRYER - hooray!
Even the dryer repairman wished me
a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • Sitting outside in the hot sun & cool air to read my book for book club tonight
  • Getting tons of sweet notes via Facebook & Twitter and some phone calls too!
  • Book club... treats & MORE
 
  • Dinner cooked for me at home & some more surprises from the LOML & my daughter. Boots from the LOML... and my 2 favorite flavors of ice cream from the daughter when she came over to surprise me :)
  
What a day!!



Go check out over 1200 topics
in the 31 days {of change} with...


No comments:

Post a Comment